We enjoy going to conferences as much as the next person, but a lot of the existing conferences are focused on meeting customers in the hallways and jamming as many bodies into a room as possible.
Out-Of-Pocket is teaming up with Danielle Poreh, Head of Operations at Better Health, to cohost an experiment on the conference format. We’re excited to announce the first Out-Of-Pocket Knowledgefest aka very explicitly not a conference. This is going to take place in person in San Francisco on 11/5/2022 from 9 AM to 5 PM.
This first Knowledgefest will be targeted towards anyone working in Operations functions at healthcare companies. A few of the things we’re trying to do differently:
- We have an application and will select high quality attendees with diverse perspectives. The application will also help us narrow down topics people actually want to talk about. The application is due 8/16/2022, click the button at the top of the page.
- We’re setting a hard cap on the number of attendees (~60).
- We’re going to have some virtual activities leading up to the event so people have a chance to meet the other attendees.
- The content is going to be a mix of presentations, breakouts, and debates. We’re purposefully not looking for high-level, PR trained executives who won’t say anything interesting on a panel or fireside. The idea is to actually talk about specifics and get actionable advice, templates, and methods to bring back to your company.
- It’s going to be purposefully a little jankier. There won’t be a ton of production, but we think that adds to the intimacy and a great way to mask our lack of budget.
We’ll be announcing the specific topics and speakers at a later date to applicants, but some of the questions we’re looking to answer through the talks and breakouts are:
- How do you developed shared language with other departments and what is the process for shared decision making?
- What tools do people love using? How can we be more thoughtful about creating back-office solutions that power the member experience?
- What decisions did people wish they made differently if they were to start again? When you stood up a call center what were some of the challenges you faced?
- How do you decide when to in-source vs outsource something?
- And many many more topics, which we want to hear from you!
If you’re in the operations function are a healthcare company and you want to be a pioneer in this new type of event, we’d love to have you. We think it’s going to be a lot of fun, very informative, and will help you meet other people going through the same struggles you are.
Please fill out this short application. It’s non-committal, but you’ll receive more information on pricing, specific topics, speakers, etc. as we organize it. It's due 8/16/2022!